You only say that cause no one ever has...

You only say that cause no one ever has...

Friday, September 10, 2010

Tick Tock...I'm hearing the clock

My ovaries hurt.

Tick tock. I'm hearing the clock.

I had my children early in my life. I was only 18 when my first daughter was born and barely 22 when my third and final daughter graced us with her presence. I was done! Three girls within 3 1/2 years was plenty. At the time just the thought of having another child sent me screaming and hiding under my bed. Life was crazy at that time so my husband and I made the decision that we would "fix" the problem. My husband manned up and did the deed. All was well and life evened out and got easier as the kids got older. Well maybe not easier but easier to deal with.

I don't feel nearly as out of control as I did when they were young. Diapers, feedings, potty training, strollers, cribs, and the occasional spit up kept me on my feet. I remember falling into bed every night thinking it would never end. It has.

I miss it.

Man that clock is loud.

I want a baby.

The rational side of my brain is telling me I really don't. Deal with morning sickness and labor? Do I really want to go back to all the sleepless nights? Do I want to change diapers? Carry around a car seat and all the other paraphernalia that comes with a baby? No.

Unless I listen to my heart and that dang clock.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 31, and I just started having kids 3 years ago! It's hard for me to imagine feeling done at this point in my life. But, I'm in the thick of it - I don't have a 13 yo. I have a 1 and a 3 year old. I figure I'll stop when I get to 40. Cause, you know, 40 is too many kids for anyone ;)

    ReplyDelete