You only say that cause no one ever has...

You only say that cause no one ever has...

Friday, September 10, 2010

My Day...

Some days just suck.

There is nothing really wrong with the day. Nothing is actually going bad. There is not anything specific that you can point to and say "this is why" or "this is what went wrong".

Today is one of those days for me.

As a homeschooling mother of three beautiful girls I have quite a few of these days a year. My oldest daughter is struggling with math, my middle daughter is dwaddling on every assignment so that it takes twice as long as it should, and my youngest is doing fine. I love my girls dearly but today is definitely "one of THOSE days". It's the day that I question why I home school. I really don't want to check work or sit while they struggle with concepts. I'd much rather if they were in school and someone else was doing all the hard work.

Like I said before, it sucks. My allergies are killing me and I don't have the energy to deal with everything I need to deal with. I have to work tonight. I normally look forward to it and thoroughly enjoy it. I have a great job as a gymnastics coach but today...today I just don't want to go.

My mother and I have a VERY rocky relationship and today I read something she wrote on Facebook and it tore at my heart. I am dealing but it is definitely adding to the feelings of inadequacy and to the sucky day.

Now after saying all that...what will I do?

Will I hide from it all? Just go back to bed? Read a book?

No. I will move on and do all the things I really don't want to do. That's the way life works. Tomorrow will be a better day schooling my girls. We will work through all the issues. Tomorrow we will play a game to lighten the mood. My husband will help my oldest with her math. My middle daughter will eventually learn that is she speeds up she will have more time to play. My youngest will just keep chugging along. I will take a nap to help with my allergies.

I will go to work tonight and I know that my co-workers will cheer me up and seeing the kids succeed at new skills will brighten my day.

As for me and my mom...well that won't change any time soon so I will have to put those thoughts and feelings on a back burner.

As for the day...it will suck but tomorrow will be a better day and I know that more days like today will happen and I am glad. If you don't have days like these how will you appreciate the good days?

No comments:

Post a Comment