You only say that cause no one ever has...

You only say that cause no one ever has...

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday - Grief

Haven't checked in with my weight loss in a couple weeks. Had to go back and read my previous blogs just so I could remember where I was at with my weight loss to see how much I have actually lost.
I had lost a total of 8 and 1/2 pounds before my brother's death.

Now for the new update. In the 3 weeks since my last post I have lost another 9 pounds. Normally I would be thrilled with this but I know a lot of the loss is from grief and stress. Not anything I have been doing on purpose. I haven't kept track of any calories. I haven't exercised. I have done nothing for my goals.

It was a crazy experience though. After Matt died and it occurred to me that I would need to wear something to all the services I went to my closet to find something. Yeah, nothing fit. In fact the outfit I was planning on wearing, a nice suit, made me look like Shamu. No joke. It literally hung on me. So needless to say a shopping trip was in order. My wonderful sister-in-law came to my rescue for the Army service. We had a blizzard that day and instead of having to drive to different stores to find clothes she went through her closet and found me some outfits. Then she and my mother-in-law helped us by taking us shopping on the following Saturday.

I am now in a size that I haven't seen since before my 3rd child was born. I do need to go get some new jeans since the few that I had are 2 sizes bigger than what I am now. They fall off my hips now.

So grand totals so far. Lost 2 sizes and have lost 17 1/2 pounds. Interesting that when I look at the numbers they seem huge but when I look in the mirror I don't see much difference.

Now that things have settled a little I hope to get back to actually tracking my calories again and working on exercising so I can lose the weight in a much more healthy way. My appetite has returned to a more normal size. I can see some changes in that I definitely get full much easier. This is going to make hitting my calorie goals that much harder. I had worked myself up to it before so I know I can do it again.

So little goals for this week - count my calories again and attempt exercise for 20 min 3 times this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment