You only say that cause no one ever has...

You only say that cause no one ever has...

Friday, October 7, 2011

If I Die by Rachel Vincent

If I DieIf I Die by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


If I Die is the 5th book in the Soul Screamers series.
Kaylee is a bein sidhe (or banshee) and has to scream for people's souls as they die.
In this installment of the story Kaylee is dealing with the news that she may die very soon as well as trying to figure out what's up with her new math teacher.
If you haven't read the previous books you will definitely want to pick them up first or you may be a bit confused.
This is my favorite book so far of the series, although the 2 short stories available as ebooks, are the best and really help fill in the missing parts, especially for this book. The author does a nice job showing the stages of grief as Kaylee processes her possible death. Kaylee tries to fit a whole life in a few days and it's interesting to see what becomes important and what doesn't matter in the end.
I have always liked Tod as a character and he truly shines in this book. I feel as though this story was his almost as much as Kaylee's.
The story moves along very quickly and although it is pretty predictable it has a very satisfying ending.
Definitely ready for the next one to be out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment