You only say that cause no one ever has...

You only say that cause no one ever has...

Monday, October 10, 2011

Ariel by Gabriel Madison

ArielAriel by Gabriel Madison

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I have finished reading Ariel. This book took me a long time to get through. It felt like it dragged on forever.The book is only 287 pages which normally would take me 4-5 hours to read. This book took me days. I had to push myself to even finish it.
I WANTED to like this book. I really liked the premise of the book. Teen was an angel in a former life and now reborn as a human remembers everything about being an angel. God disappears from Heaven and an adventure starts. It had such potential unfortunately it was poorly written. There were a massive amount of typos that completely pulled me out of the story. It truly looked as though someone ran spell check and called it good. Whoever was the copy editor of this book has FAILED. Although most words were spelled correctly they were the wrong words. For example here is a line from the book - "The waiter brought our try of food..." Now if this was truly an ARC I could have moved past it but no this book has already been published.
The writing itself is very amateurish. When I first started reading this book I though it was a sequel. The author kept referencing a scene where the main character rescued an angel. It seemed as though we should already know what he was talking about. So I got online and searched for the previous book. Couldn't find one. Then I thought the author would explain further into the story. Nope. No info was ever given later. The author also tends to state the same thing over and over. We get it, the main character does NOT like clairvoyants.
There are too many pop culture references that will make this book dated quickly. The love story comes out of left field. You are led to think the main character is making a connection to one character then another comes in in the middle of the book. The first love interest then disappears towards the end of the book with no mention of him. I think the author forgot about him. Maybe this was on purpose to leave us wanting more but I really didn't get that impression.
I am thankful I did not spend any money on this book and I would NOT recommend it to anyone. I will not be buying a sequel as I have no desire to find out what happens next.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment