You only say that cause no one ever has...

You only say that cause no one ever has...

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Exercise Success!!

Finally!

I just finished running/walking for 30 minutes. Go me!

My birthday is coming up next week and as my gift my husband purchased me a treadmill. Looking at that sentence you might think he was trying to tell me something ;) but it was what I requested. I got it on Friday and we set it up that night but then I developed an icky bug and it put me down for 2 days so today was the first time I felt up to even trying it out.

It it pretty nifty. I did one of the programmed weight loss exercises. I chose the smallest one knowing I hadn't really done any strenuous work outs since before my brother passed away. Was I able to stay at the rate it wanted me to? No. Was I able to go the full 30 minutes? Yes.
It wanted me to run for a minute and then walk for a minute, which I did do for most of the time.  I think I turned the speed down on the running once to the point where I was walking and then when the running went to a much higher speed I had to take it back down to where I was. Not too bad considering everything.
I ended up doing a distance of 1.83 miles. According to my readout I burned 254 calories (which I know is a base line and not MY true amount but still a good indicator). If I had done it exactly as they said I would have burned 300 calories.  Again I am not sad about this. Anything is better than nothing.

I have lost about 21 pounds since the beginning of the year. The past 2 weeks have sort of been a plateau with not much loss but also no real attempt by me.

My sister-in-law is preparing for a 5k soon and my hope is that eventually I can join her. I have never been a runner and I do have asthma but I figure she has it too and if I can build up a little at a time I can make it.

So on a positive note this week I have some success! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment